Sunday 10 May 2015

Glenn Ligon Encounters and Collisions

When going round Nottingham taking photo's, I thought why not pop into the Contemporary Gallery.. I saw that the Glenn Ligon Encounters and Collisions exhibition was on and wasn't I surprised! Some of his work is very graphic so I do warn you to have an open mind! The photo's I have posted aren't mine due to the gallery not allowing photography. Unfortunately I am unable to credit the person who's photo's these are, therefore I can only say Unknown. I hope you like these images, and again some of the images do have offensive language in them so please don't judge!

 
Glenn Ligon stranger #38, 2009. Acrylic, coal dust, silkscreen, Gesso and oil stick on canvas
 
 
 
Glenn Ligon- Untitled (America) 2008
 
 
 
Glenn Ligon, Malcolm X #1 2003
 
 
Glenn Ligon, Mudbone (Liar) 2003

 
Glenn Ligon, 'Niggers A'int Scared' 1996

 
Glenn Ligon, 'When black wasn't beautiful' #2 2004
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment